Our comprehensive 3 day Occupational First Aid, QQI (formerly FETAC) Level 5 training is a statutory course set down by the HSA and based on the requirements of the 2007 Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations. Training is delivered only by trainers on the Register of Occupational First Aid Training Providers (OFAAA) and attendance is strictly limited to 10 candidates.
Successful participants will qualify as Occupational First Aiders in accordance with current Health and Safety legislation, and will receive QQI Level 5 certification. Certificates are valid for a period of 2 years, following which Occupational First Aiders must attend a one-day re-validation course.
Course content is set by QQI and includes the following modules:
- Unit 1 – First Aid in the Workplace
- Unit 2 – Patient Assessment
- Unit 3 – Respiratory Emergencies
- Unit 4 – Cardiac First Response
- Unit 5 – Wounds & Bleeding
- Unit 6 – Altered Levels of Consciousness
- Unit 7 – Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Unit 8 – Burns and scalds, chemicals, poison, electric shock
Assessment: Assessment for QQI level 5 is on day 3 of training and is completed by an independent examiner who is on the Register of Occupational First Aid Training Providers.
We provide in-house Occupational First Aid courses nationwide.