Those who already hold QQI (formerly FETAC) Level 5 Occupational First Aid certification should attend one day Occupational First Aid Refresher Training within two years and 90 days of the date of the original training to continue to be a certified Occupational First Aider. On successful completion of the practical and written assessment certification is issued for a period of 2 years.
The course content for Occupational First Aid Refresher training is set by QQI and includes the following modules:
- Unit 1 – First Aid in the Workplace
- Unit 2 – Patient Assessment
- Unit 3 – Respiratory Emergencies
- Unit 4 – Cardiac First Response
- Unit 5 – Wounds & Bleeding
- Unit 6 – Altered Levels of Consciousness
- Unit 7 – Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Unit 8 – Burns and scalds, chemicals, poison, electric shock
Prerequisites: Participants must hold a current Occupational First Aid certificate. Refresher training must be attended within 2 years of original certificate.
Assessment: Assessment at the end of course is conducted by our trainer who is on the Register of Occupational First Aid Training Providers